AMPERS: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (FULL-TIME EXEMPT)
Due to incredible growth and significant success, the Association of Minnesota Public Educational Radio Stations (Ampers) is expanding and hiring a Chief Operating Officer. Become a part of the nation’s largest state association of community radio stations. Ampers is looking for an experienced, energetic, highly organized, self-motivated, thorough, versatile, and proactive manager to help take the organization to the next level.
Duties will include:
- Serve as the second-in-command helping to oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Help to create and oversee our new diverse news initiative including the creation of a robust on-boarding and training program.
- Oversee and ensure the successful operation of the programming as well as the business departments.
- Ensure all programming content is accurate, meets FCC requirements, community and company standards, as well as libel, slander, and copyright laws.
- Review all contracts for accuracy and create and maintain an infrastructure to ensure all contract producers have an active contract and are meeting deadlines.
- Work closely with the VP of Programming and Project Coordinator to make sure all projects stay within the budget, the timeline, and deliver what has been promised.
- Help recruit, hire, coach, train, inspire, and supervise employees and contractors.
- Foster a positive work environment.
- Provide Ampers CEO with weekly updates.
- Additional duties as assigned by the President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Ten years of experience working in the broadcast field
- At least five years of managerial experience
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven organizations
- Excellent writing, communication, and coaching skills
- Positive team-player attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to help the organization grow
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing, and independently managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience working with diverse communities
- 100% Remote (but all work must be conducted within the state of Minnesota)
- Family-friendly, flexible schedule, positive mission-driven work environment
- Strong commitment to diversity (Ampers is and has been Diverse Radio for Minnesota’s Communities for decades)
Supervising the Position:
- Candidate will report to the President/Chief Executive Officer
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusivity, and Equal Employment:
- Ampers strongly encourages women, people of color, Native Americans, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and Veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, veteran status, medical condition, national origin or ancestry, or any protected category prohibited by state and federal laws.
- Salary will be $80,000 to $100,000 commensurate with the candidate’s experience
- Bonus opportunities
- Very strong benefits package which includes medical, dental, vacation, and employer-matched retirement account
- Employer pays 100% of the employee’s medical and dental premiums as a pre-tax benefit and 70% of dependents’ premiums
- The position is open for all applications beginning October 12, 2023. Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please enter Chief Operating Officer and your full name as the subject of the e-mail. Only applications submitted via e-mail will be accepted. No calls please.
- Failure to provide all requested information in the manner requested may lead to your being disqualified from consideration for the position.
< Return to Jobs and Opportunities