Senior Technical Radio Producer (Freelance – Contract)
The Association of Minnesota Public Educational Radio Stations (Ampers) is seeking a highly experienced technical radio producer to oversee the technical aspects of all programs to ensure they meet or exceed broadcast standards.
Duties will include:
- Creating and enforcing production standards
- Teaching producers how to meet the production standards
- Assisting producers with technical problems
- Ensuring all programs are the proper length
- Ensuring audio levels are appropriate and standardized
- Providing producers with feedback that can help them to improve their work
- Providing Ampers Program Director with weekly updates about technical issues
- Uploading all programs to Public Radio Exchange (PRX) and/or similar file sharing service or site
- Additional duties as assigned by Ampers Program Director and CEO
- At least five years radio production experience (public radio preferred)
- Four-year college degree
- Extensive experience with audio editing and mixing
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Candidates must have access to his or her own production facility
- Candidates must have his or her own broadcast quality portable recording device
- Candidates must provide his or her own transportation
- Candidates will report to the Ampers Program Director
Conditions of Employment
- This position is a contract/freelance position. The successful candidate will provide his or her own transportation related to any and all Ampers work. The position is open to all individuals, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin or ancestry
- The successful candidate will be paid on a project basis with compensation commensurate with his or her work and educational experience.
- The position is open for all applications beginning July 18, 2017. Applications will be accepted through August 1, 2017, or until the positions is filled. All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and three samples of their work via e-mail to Erin Warhol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please enter Technical Producer and your full name as the subject of the e-mail. Only applications submitted via e-mail will be accepted. No calls please.
- Failure to provide all requested information in the manner requested may lead to your being disqualified from consideration for the position.
< Return to Jobs and Opportunities