Radio Station Manager – KBEM Jazz88
Date: Oct 16, 2019
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Radio Station Manager and Requisition ID number: 60534
Close Date: 11:59 PM on 10/25/2019
Organizational Unit: STEM/CTE (10001056)
Site: North (ISA) (0375)
FTE: 1.0; 52 week; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Administrative
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
Under general supervision, manages all aspects of the district’s Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licensed non-commercial, educational radio station KBEM; manages program design, staff development and supervision, community relationships, and securing internal and external resources; assures compliance with all MPS policies and procedures and FCC regulations.
- Manages radio station operations; evaluates operational issues, and recommends and implements
- solutions; assures station operations meet MPS goals and standards.
- Oversees the design and implementation of KBEM programming, including expansion and promotion of MPS on-air school news.
- Enhances and leverages local, state, and national partnerships; cultivates relationships with, and solicits donations from, major donors.
- Manages radio staff, develops priorities, assigns tasks and projects, and evaluates performance; assures that appropriate services are provided and goals are defined; develops staff skills and training plans.
- Assures that KBEM complies with MPS policies and procedures, state and Federal government rules and regulations for public telecommunications, and FCC regulations in Title 47, Code of Federal Regulations.
- Manages annual budgets in accordance with public sector grant program procedures, applicable Federal and state rules and regulations, and MPS policies and procedures; monitors and manages annual revenue development budget and goals.
- Attends events to promote the station and build relationships with community groups, including outreach programs for non-profit organizations and educational institutions.
- Assists with the design of annual strategic underwriting, sponsorship, and marketing plan.
- Monitors and approves radio station format and broadcast programs and materials.
- Performs a variety of administrative activities including records and budget management, staff scheduling, payroll reporting, and work activity reports.
- Produces public service announcements, music breaks and other radio programming; on-air
- programming, live and recorded.
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
Associate’s Degree in Communications or related field; AND four (4) years of radio/broadcast media, management and marketing experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources. Non-commercial broadcasting experience is preferred.
- FCC guidelines, rules, and regulations governing telecommunications operations.
- Current legislative, political, and economic trends in state and Federal government telecommunications programs.
- Local community resources and regional community services programs.
- Methods and techniques used in the development and production of radio marketing projects.
- Principles and practices of public sector administrative management, including cost accounting,
- budgeting, purchasing, contract management, customer service and employee supervision.
- Federal and state safety rules and regulations, including OSHA requirements.
- Principles of maintaining, repairing, testing and troubleshooting communications systems.
- Directing and coordinating radio station operations.
- Analyzing operational issues and making logical recommendations based on findings.
- Managing digital audio programming and radio automation systems.
- Mentoring and supervising high school students.
- Evaluating workflow and effectively prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Managing staff, delegating tasks and authority, and coaching to improve staff performance.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Promoting and enforcing safe work practices.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard office software.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Posting Notes: | 12:01 AM On 10/25/2019 | STEM/CTE (10001056) | North (ISA) (0375) | Administrative
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Manager, Testing, Contract Manager, Technology, Management, Legal
< Return to Jobs and Opportunities