Radio Production – Audio Editors (Freelance – Contract)
The Association of Minnesota Public Educational Radio Stations (Ampers) is seeking experienced radio production editors to produce segments for our Arts & Cultural Heritage programs. Audio Editors will be working on “MN90: Minnesota History in 90 Seconds,” “Minnesota Native News,” “Minnesota Music Moments,” segments and other projects. The segments air on the 18 member stations throughout Minnesota.
Duties will include:
- Recording, editing, and producing the segments
- Recording on-site interviews to be used in the segments
- Finding and incorporating relevant sound elements to make segments more interesting and entertaining
- Coordinating with member stations to collect audio needed outside the Twin Cities area
- Coordinating with the member stations to schedule and air the segments
- Upload segments to Public Radio Exchange
- Ensure that all segments meet broadcast quality standards
- Communicating progress about the project to Ampers Program Director on a regular basis
- Additional duties as assigned by Ampers Program Director and CEO
- At least two years radio production experience (public radio preferred)
- Four-year college degree
- Excellent editing and communication skills
- Extensive experience with audio editing programs
- Candidates must have access to his or her own production facility
- Candidates must have his or her own broadcast quality portable recording device
- Candidates must provide his or her own transportation
- Candidates will report to the Ampers Program Director
Conditions of Employment
- These positions are contract/freelance positions. The successful candidates will provide their own transportation related to any and all Ampers work. The positions are open to all individuals, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin or ancestry
- The successful candidates will be paid on a project basis with compensation commensurate with his or her work and educational experience.
- These positions are open for all applications beginning July 27, 20167 Applications will be accepted through August 1st, 2017, or until the positions are filled. All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and three samples of your work via e-mail to Erin Warhol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please enter Legacy Audio Editor and your full name as the subject of the e-mail. Only applications submitted via e-mail will be accepted. No calls, please.
- Failure to provide all requested information in the manner requested may lead to your being disqualified from consideration for the positions.
< Return to Jobs and Opportunities