Radio Producers – Project Coordinators (Freelance – Contract)
The Association of Minnesota Public Educational Radio Stations (Ampers) is seeking experienced radio producers to write, edit, and produce segments for our Arts & Cultural Heritage programs. Producers will be working on “MN90: Minnesota History in 90 Seconds,” “Minnesota Native News,” “Minnesota Music Moments,” segments and other projects. The segments air on the 18 member stations throughout Minnesota.
Duties will include:
- Researching, writing, editing, and producing the segments
- Conducting on-site interviews to be used in the segments
- Finding and incorporating relevant sound elements to make segments more interesting and entertaining
- Coordinating with member stations to collect audio needed outside the Twin Cities area
- Coordinating with the member stations to schedule and air the segments
- Communicating progress about the project to Ampers Program Director on a regular basis
- Posting and promoting segments on social media
- Engaging and interacting with existing followers and helping to recruit new followers on social media
- Additional duties as assigned by Ampers Program Director and CEO
- At least two years radio production experience (public radio preferred)
- Four-year college degree
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Extensive experience with audio editing programs
- Candidates must have access to his or her own production facility
- Candidates must have his or her own broadcast quality portable recording device
- Candidates must provide his or her own transportation.
- Candidates will report to the Ampers Program Director
Conditions of Employment
These positions are contract/freelance positions. The successful candidates will provide their own transportation related to any and all Ampers work. The positions are open to all individuals, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin or ancestry.
- The successful candidates will be paid on a project basis with compensation commensurate with his or her work and educational experience.
- Applications are accepted and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and three samples of your work via e-mail to Erin Warhol at email@example.com.
- Please enter Legacy Producer and your full name as the subject of the e-mail. Only applications submitted via e-mail will be accepted. No calls, please.
- Failure to provide all requested information in the manner requested may lead to your being disqualified from consideration for the positions.
< Return to Jobs and Opportunities