Program Specialist – KBEM Jazz88
Date: May 20, 2020
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: KBEM-Program Specialist and Requisition ID number: 66268
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: KBEM Radio (10000950)
Site: North (0358)
FTE: 1.0 FTE, 52 Weeks; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Administrative
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
Under general supervision,responsible for pledge drives, solicitation and negotiation of gifts, and grant application assistance; coordinates KBEM listener membership and gifts development programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates KBEM listener membership and gifts development programs, including pledge drives, solicitation and negotiation of listener gifts, and premium fulfillment.
- Maintains accurate records of donations, pledges, and gifts.
- Coordinates and facilitates correspondence with sponsors, listener members, donors, and potential donors; develops and maintains collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts research projects, compiles information and summarizes findings on potential grant funded programs that meet KBEM needs and are consistent with KBEM goals.Coordinates volunteers for fundraising and event tasks.
- Coordinates the submission of KBEM applications for public and private funds; researches, acquires, and maintains statistics and resource information to support gifts.
- Assists with the coordination of grant applications and reporting.
- Manages membership database and tracks listener pledge drive programs.
- Coordinates special projects and research assignments.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines: Associate’s degree in communications, business administration or related field; AND two (2) years of program support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experiences determined by Human Resources.
KBEM Program Specialist Knowledge of:
- State and Federal laws governing public sector grant funding programs.
- Correct English grammar, composition, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Professional journalistic methods, including research, presentation and publication.
- Principles of record keeping and records management.
- FCC regulations pertaining to non-commercial radio stations.
- Maintaining timely and complete record of activities, results, and planned follow up to discussions.
- Developing social relationships based upon a common purpose.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Preparing and presenting reports and proposals for internal audiences.
- Social media posting
- On-air broadcasting or voice work.
- Operating a personal computer using standard and specialized software.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT Work is performed in a standard office and radio station environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
< Return to Jobs and Opportunities