Minnesota Legacy Project Manager – KFAI
KFAI Fresh Air Community Radio is hiring a Project Manager for its multiple-award-winning State of Minnesota Legacy Amendment program. This is an independent contractor position running through June 30, 2020.
The Legacy Amendment Project Manager is expected to provide the following services:
- Ensure that Legacy Amendment project producers adhere to deadlines;
- Assist producers in defining and revising story ideas;
- Provide assistance to producers with digital editing of completed stories or vignettes;
- Coordinate and/or serve as liaison between producers and other independent contractors hired by KFAI to document Legacy Amendment projects, including photography and engineering for recording of live broadcasts;
- Ensure compliance with artist recording agreements for recording rights for broadcasting and/or archiving live or sound recordings;
- Ensure programs conform to Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage guidelines;
- Regularly upload produced programs to Public Radio Exchange and the Ampers Network;
- Work closely with KFAI management, including the General Manager and Program Director;
- Submit reports as required to the State of Minnesota and the Ampers Network;
- Engineer Legacy Amendment programming airing on KFAI as needed;
- Other duties related to this project as assigned.
The successful candidate will provide his or her own transportation related to any and all work performed. The position is open to all individuals, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin or ancestry. The individual hired must legally conduct this work within the State of Minnesota, and it is highly preferred that the workplace be in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
Preferred qualifications for this position:
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and guide contract producers
- A positive team-player attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to see the organization grow
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google docs
- Extensive experience with audio editing and mixing
- Excellent writing, communication and storytelling skills
Contracts and letters of agreement related to execution of the Legacy Amendment project are internal documents for KFAI usage only. The independent contractor is prohibited from sharing such documents outside of KFAI’s immediate staff.
KFAI Fresh Air Radio will compensate the Legacy Project Manager at the rate of $640 per week. Payment will occur bi-weekly upon the submission of an invoice.
The independent contractor is not entitled to and shall not claim any of the rights, privileges or benefits of an employee of KFAI Fresh Air Radio. The independent contractor is solely responsible for payment and withholding of all income employment and other taxes.
The contract for the Legacy Project Manager runs from Sept. 16, 2019 to June 30, 2020. KFAI reserves the right to extend and or revise the terms of this contract beyond June 30, 2020.
Applications, including a cover letter and resume, should be emailed to General Manager email@example.com or mailed to:
KFAI Fresh Air Radio
1808 Riverside Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55454
< Return to Jobs and Opportunities