Digital Communications Coordinator – KBFT – Nett Lake, MN
Opens: August 4, 2017
Closes: August 17, 2017
Department: Education Reports to (title): Radio Station General Manager
Job Code: N-9 Job Location: Bois Forte Tribal Government – Nett Lake, MN
Pay Range: Min: $14.43 Mid: $18.035 Max: $20.02 Supervises: none
Hours/week: 40 Classification: Non-Exempt
Type of Position: Full-Time Effective Date:
Revised Date: 03/17/2017
In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees of Bois Forte Band of Chippewa are expected to conform to the following:
• Uphold all principles of confidentiality to the fullest extent.
• Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the tribal government (may also be referred to as “Band”).
• Interact in an honest, trustworthy, and respectful manner with employees, community, visitors, and vendors.
• Comply with Bois Forte Band of Chippewa policies and procedures.
• Maintain a current insurable driver’s license.
• Display respect and understanding of Bois Forte Band of Chippewa traditions and values.
The Digital Communication Coordinator maintains and oversees the creation of promotional materials, messages, and public communication channels of KBFT. This shall include all the administrative related documentation of all promotional activities and their related expenses in time and dollars.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS, & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meets with other Tribal department office personnel to maintain collaboration efforts toward cross promotions.
2. Shall oversee the creation of Community promotional text messages, social media posts, images, audio and video clips to be posted on the KBFT website.
3. Collaborates with the Business/Development Coordinator, Production Coordinator and Programming Manager to plan the On-air fund raising events and assist with the on-air and off-air fund raising events.
4. Oversees engagement with Band members and listeners in our social media channels to foster loyalty, Band member involvement, relationship building, and membership growth.
5. Creates content that tells the Bois Forte Tribal Community Radio story, promotes the Band’s mission and goals to potential members and businesses, and fosters conversations by connecting social media to our larger integrated development campaigns.
6. Drives Awareness and Follower/Membership Growth by increasing visibility and awareness of Bois Forte Tribal Community Radio and social media followingby publishing effective content for our social media channels, and using effective audience engagement techniques.
7. Evaluates Content Analytics and Performance Reporting to include: Collectsand maintains tracking data, analyzes and reports on results, evaluates analytics data and resulting metrics to identify successes and misses, ultimately incorporating lessons learned into future content and campaigns.
8. Responsible for website and social media presentations; collaborates with Business Development Coordinator to maintain Online Donation presence and activities.
9. Designs event collateral that stays within branding guidelines and drives audience involvement, establishes a creative and consistent look and feel to KBFT events.
10. Effectively uses e listening skills, diplomacy and tact to build and maintain strong business relationships.
11. Leads the creation, delivery and execution of digital and social campaigns for BFTCR/KBFT to build station awareness, engages listeners to grow and retain our audience.
12. Manages day-to-day activities including; writing and creating a wide variety of content, social media monitoring, community-outreach efforts, reporting, etc.
13. Identifies and utilize appropriate analytics tools and identify benchmarks to measure communication effectiveness and make recommended adjustments.
14. Develops timelines, content calendars and monitor progress, ensuring deadlines are met.
15. Evaluates and recommends possible tools / vendor services for better data reporting and posting efficiency.
16. Oversees all Social and Web Content, to include the following items:
*Manages local social media calendars to align messaging with key event initiatives, and holidays
*Drafts copy for social and web platforms, reaching out to local agencies and partners when necessary
*Manages weekly homepage creative calendar, ensuring the messaging aligns with local strategy and other media touch-points
*Attendsindustry events, seminars and networking sessions to keep abreast of trends in public radio, development and social media.
17. Develops unique, cross-platform creative digital content in various formats, including but not limited to, videos, banners, animated graphics, infographics, websites and social media.
MINIMUM MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: • 1-2 years experience in media/advertising, or digital communications.
• 1-2 years experience producing content for the worldwide web, specifically, blog, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc., including experience building audiences either on-line or off-line.
Education: • AA or AAS In Digital Communications or Digital Marketing
License/Certification: • None
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications: • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent writing skills and the ability to prepare news releases for the media, or information leaflets, new forms, etc.
• Able to demonstrate strong analytical and visualization skills via presentations and reports, clearly communicating large amounts of information precisely and creatively.
• Excellent communication, creativity, organizational, and project management skills.
• Social media marketing expertise.
• Demonstrated expertise as a digital expert: savvy with digital media, analytics tools, CMS platforms (WordPress, Tumblr, etc.) and social media.
• Able to determine priorities, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
• Able to work independently and establish work priorities and open to flexible work hours.
• Capable of working within and designing for various Content Management Systems, ideally WordPress.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Adobe Acrobat, and major graphic/video file formats.
• Experience with Windows OS and Mac OS platforms.
• Knowledge of appropriate storage of electronic files online and onsite.
• Develop positive and creative relationships with other community and business groups.
• Basic operation of a workstation (turning on/off, knowledge of basic functions and components) and general office equipment Use/storage/maintenance of multiple usernames and passwords. Computer-related problem-solving skills through the use of available trainings and help desk.
• Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
• A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers.
• Experience in non-commercial radio environment and community networking functions/activities.
• Work experience or training in advertising, public relations, on-line marketing or a similar field.
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low to moderate. Limited overnight travel may be required from time to time.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk, hear and perform repetitive motions. There may be prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with the community, visitors, employees, and vendors.
Mental demands: There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must be able to handle frequent interruptions and must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
TRIBAL AND INDIAN PREFERENCE
The Bois Forte Band of Chippewa has implemented a Tribal and Indian Preference in Employment Policy. Pursuant to this Policy, applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities required by this position, and who are enrolled members of the Bois Forte Band of Chippewa Tribe will be given primary preference in hiring and employment for this position. Members of other federally-recognized Indian tribes will be given secondary preference for hiring and employment after providing proof of tribal membership. Tribal and Indian preference is integrated into the interview and scoring process for candidates for job positions. .
Confidentiality: All employees must uphold all principles of confidentiality to the fullest extent. This position may have access to sensitive information and a breach of these principles will be grounds for immediate termination.
Background Investigation: This position may be subject to a criminal history background check, a suitability background check and/or a Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) check. In addition, some positions are subject to a 101-630 background check in an effort to ensure compliance with Public Law 101-630 “Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.” Candidates must be able to successfully pass all required background checks to qualify for this position.
Drug Screening: All applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening prior to beginning employment and will be subject to random drug testing.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING APPLIES. INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY. UPON PRESENTATION OF DD-214 WHICH REFLECTS HONORABLE DISCHARGE, APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS. Please visit our website at www.boisforte.com to download an application. Applications are accepted via: Fax, Email, U.S. Mail, and In Person. Submit applications to: Human Resources Director, Miranda Lilya, 5344 Lakeshore Drive, Nett Lake, MN 55772, Fax: 218-757-3312, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Digital Communications Coordinator KBFT
(Digital Communications Coordinator KBFT)
< Return to Jobs and Opportunities